“The best massage I have ever received. Period. Michelle is a magician, she listened to all of my concerns and addressed them superbly during the massage. The pressure was perfectly tailored to me and i was left feeling as light as a cloud afterwards. 100% will be back, thank you Michelle” – Linda
“As always, can’t rate this place highly enough. Michelle always knows exactly what to do with me and i trust her completely to sort out my aches and pains” – Paula W.
Soft Tissue Manipulation
Soft tissue massage therapy refers to the body structures that are not hard, like bone. Soft tissues include: all levels of muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, skin, fibrous tissues, nerves and blood vessels. The treatment itself can be quite intense but is a very effective.
Can help with:
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Sporting and non-sporting injuries
- Chronic and acute tension
- Improves body flexibility, strength and wellness
- Can also improve your mental well-being
- The Plantar fasciitis
- Upper back pain and tension
- Postural issues associated with desk-based occupations
- Shoulder protraction (slouching)
- Face tension and associated eye pain
- Tennis elbow
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Lower back pain
- Post-operation rehab
- Pre & Post Ski Strength and Rehab
- Helps relax muscles
- Increases blood circulation and lymph flow
- Improves the healing time of strained ligaments and muscular tissue
- Reduces the inflammation of joints
- Reduces heart rate
- Improves range of motion and joint flexibility
- Strengthen the immune system
- Decreases muscle spasms
- Improves oxygen flow
- Helps relieve muscle tension
Swedish/Therapeutic Massage @ Health Rediscovered, Glasgow
Swedish massage goes beyond relaxation.
Swedish massage can help remove muscle toxins, improve circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
This is a flexible practice, which enables the personalisation of a treatment whether your goal is to alleviate pain, boost the energy, improve muscle tone or to increase your ability to relax.
Hot Stone Massage
This treatment incorporates traditional Swedish massage and the use of heated basalt stones.
The heat from the stones penetrates into the muscle and helps to disperse tension allowing deeper muscles to relax.
It’s a highly powerful and effective remedy for persistent aches and pains.
- The heat can help to expand the blood vessels encouraging blood flow throughout the body.
- Hot stones have a sedative effect that can relieve chronic pain, reduce stress and promote deep relaxation.
- Can reduce blood pressure and is deeply relaxing.
Warm bamboo Massage
A fairly new massage style, providing deep tissue massage (as long as you have a decent amount of soft tissue to work with) using a combination of Swedish massage techniques and heated bamboo to roll and knead the tissue, creating an extreme sensation of relaxation & well-being, whilst improving the texture of the skin.
- Decreases muscle spasms
- Works deeper into the tissue with less pressure (pain) needed.
- Promotes deep relaxation & melts muscular tension
Hara (Abdominal) Massage @ Health Rediscovered, Glasgow
An ancient, traditional massage that focuses on the centre of our bodies – our abdomens. This area of our bodies houses our vital organs, a complex interconnected collection of organs including the stomach, spleen, liver, gall bladder, intestines both large and small, bladder and reproductive organs for females.
It is a gentle, deep, rhythmic massage that allows these organs to be soothed, which in turn sooths our nervious system so is a wonderful treatment for stress as well as more physical issues such as GORD, Hernia, infertility, heart burn and of course IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
Paula often combines this treatment with acupuncture to further support an improvement in your health and well-being.
75 minute appointment £55
Paula has completed advanced post graduate training in this specialty, receiving a distinction from Well Mother. It enables her to work with you at ALL stages in pregnancy, completely safely, to sooth away the expectant mother’s aches and pains. She can work on any specific pregnancy related issues as well as pre-existing pain, which is often exacerbated in pregnancy. Paula, as an acupuncturist, has a special interest in all things pregnancy related – from fertility to labour, as such she is in a unique position to not only massage you safely but can help (with acupuncture) to prepare your body for pregnancy (a weekly session from week 36), and often combines acupuncture and massage treatments. In addition she offers workshops on acupressure for pain in labour.